How do I create a Webstore?
Thank you for choosing Alley Cat Designs to create and host a webstore for your apparel and spiritwear orders!
Alley Cat does all the work for you! No need to collect money, sizes or creating forms, Credit card information is collected at check out, and personalization is filled out individually. Don’t worry about finding a friend with a truck to help pick up the orders, your patrons can pay to have them shipped directly to them!
Is this a fundraiser? We’ll work with you to maximize a profit for your organization by adding a dollar amount to the retail price listed on the webstore. After all expenses are paid, Alley Cat will issue your organization a check. For more information on fundraisers, visit our Fundraiser page.
How do I create a webstore?
Building a webstore is an easy process if everyone has the correct information, so we’ve created a step-by-step process/checklist to help ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Meet with your Sales Representative to discuss and choose apparel.
- Will you be supplying the art and/or logos for item? How many designs will you offer?Please note: if you are supplying the art, make sure you provide our art department with the art saved as a vector file.Is this a Front only print? Back only? Front and Back?Also, how many colors do you want on your design? For screen print shirts, each color needs a new screen. For embroidery, the price depends on what style is used as well as the stitch count. Your sales representative can advise you as to what is the most cost-effective choice.
- Determine prices for T-shirts (short or long-sleeved), hoodies, pants, etc. Prices vary depending on the apparel you select.
- Determine open and close dates of your store with your Sales Rep.
- Provide ALL art to your Sales Rep with exact specifications as to where the art should be located on the garment as well as exact colors (PMS numbers if you have them). If you need us to create the art, please provide a detailed description of what you would like as well as colors, taglines, etc. Please provide as much detail as possible.
- Provide any narrative you would like to be included on the front page of your webstore.
- Sit back and let our artists and webstore creator do the work! They will send you proofs of the site and images of the art on the garment for your approval.IMPORTANT! Once you have approved the art as it appears on the image provided, there will be no further changes without an additional art change.
- After you have approved the webstore, we will send you the official link to the live website. You can then send the link to your team, group, or organization. Share the webstore link as many people as possible. Be sure contact them a few times while the webstore is open, especially prior to the closing date. The more you promote or share the link, the more people will visit and buy!
When will the orders be ready?
Your Sales Rep will let you know when your orders are ready. Typically, orders will be shipped to customers approximately 10 days after the close of the webstore. It is rare that we guarantee an exact shipping date, but we’ll get the items to you as quickly as we can!
Final Step: After all the orders have been picked up or shipped, Alley Cat will reconcile the webstore and send an invoice or refund any overage.
We know this is a lot of information, so we’ve created a downloadable checklist for you!